One of the good things about getting older is that you get to really know yourself well. Now that I’m 30, I’ve realized some universal truths about myself that took a while to figure out. I won’t bore you with most of them, but one is my absolute love of carbs. I cannot live without them. I respect the hell out of people who stick to low carb diets and have the willpower to sit still when there is a bread basket in sight. Because that is not me. To me, a life without bread and pasta is just not one worth living. There are many things I can give up for the short of long term but NEVER my delicious carbohydrates. Or coffee, but my love of coffee will take up thousands of words, so I’ll just leave it at that.
It’s been a while since I shared some of my favorite links with you. So I thought I’d start March out with some of my recent recipes as well as some favorites from my blogger friends. In sticking my my theme of carbs, here are some tasty recipes I’ve cooked up in the last few weeks. Are you following me on Pinterest? I have an entire board devoted to delicious CARBS!
Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Pesto Roast Potatoes
Black Forest Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
Homemade Power Granola
I know I say this all the time, but I am continually astounded by the creative and delicious recipes that show up around the blogosphere every day. I could spend hours and hours just reading some of these amazing websites. Since I have carbs on the brain, these recipes kept sticking out to me, so I figured I’d share with you. And without further ado …
TOP 10 CARBS OF THE WEEK!
- Whale Shaped Crackers with Cheddar – Home Skillet
- Vanilla Bean Scones – That Skinny Chick can Bake
- No Yeast Whole Grain Naan – Soni’s Food
- Pasta e Fagioli – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Apple Carrot Bacon Dog Biscuits – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fried Rice – Whipped
- Arancini Rice Balls – Katherine Martinelli
- Mushroom Bolognese with Gremolata – Culinary Colleen
- Green Bean Spelt Cake – Angie’s Recipes
- Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Gnocchi – An Italian Cooking in the Midwest
Amazing, right? So next week I have three new recipes coming at you that I’m super excited about. Healthy recipes, so enjoy the weekend because we will be going low cal next week!